Why are flax seeds used for weight loss?
The seeds, when eaten constantly, start the necessary metabolic processes in the body, which in turn help the body to deal with waste, and hence weight loss, but this process is very slow.
In general, flaxseed helps to lose weight due to the huge amount of vegetable fiber, which, without being absorbed in the stomach, cleans toxins like a brush. The gastrointestinal tract gets rid of accumulated toxins, which helps the body work better. From this, a person feels more cheerful, more energetic, lighter.
If you regularly consume flax seeds, you can count on the following:
- your metabolism will improve;
- you will get rid of several kilograms of slag;
- your skin will become more elastic, which will help you maintain your figure while losing weight;
- you will notice how the swelling will disappear.
Flax is rightly considered a superfood because it combines a huge amount of vitamins and even fatty acids, the ratio of which is optimal for maintaining a good metabolism. Considering this characteristic, flax seeds are an order of magnitude better than all other fiber-rich foods that promote weight loss.
How to take flaxseed for weight loss?
Raw seeds are not eaten. They are small and very hard seeds. Adding them in this form to the composition of the dish, the seeds will not even be chewed, therefore they will not be digested. Nothing bad will happen to the body from this - the seeds will pass through the digestive tract and come out whole, but there is no benefit from such food. The seeds can perform their absorbent function only when boiled.
That is why they are soaked or ground (for this it is best to use a coffee grinder) and only then are they added to food. The resulting linseed powder is used:
- as a stand-alone food supplement;
- as a decoction;
- as a tincture;
- as part of cocktails, smoothies, drinks;
- as a salad dressing.
The daily portion of seeds should not exceed one tablespoon. On average, this is up to 50 g per day.
In order for flaxseed to really have a positive effect on weight loss, certain rules must be followed when using it for food:
- If using ground powder as a dietary supplement, one tablespoon of the seeds should be washed down with two cups of water.
- It is not worth grinding large portions of seeds in advance - this will deprive the product of nutritional value and lead to its accelerated deterioration (bitterness will appear).
- Flaxseed is taken for 10 days in a row, then a break of 10 days is made and the cycle is repeated again.
Flaxseed should not be used if you have liver disease. Be sure to consult your doctor about this.
How to cook flaxseed?
If you don't have a coffee grinder or don't want to grind the seeds for some reason, then the best way to use flax seeds is by boiling them. To do this, you can follow the following recipe:
- Pour a tablespoon of seeds into a small saucepan.
- Pour the seeds with boiling water in the volume of one glass. Instead of water, you can use compote, green tea.
- Place the pot over medium heat and let it sit for 30 minutes. Be sure to stir to prevent lumps from forming.
You should get a viscous mash that should be strained through cheesecloth and eaten. For example, 70 g before the main meal once a day.
Porridge with flax seeds for weight loss
If you don't want to spend time brewing, grind the beans in a coffee grinder. Then it will be enough to pour the powder with boiling water and wait 10 minutes. During this time, the linseed powder will turn into a slurry to which you can add:
- a little honey;
- banana slices;
- dried fruit.
This combination works well for breakfast, but if you're having your cereal later, it's best to eat it plain to fill you up but not for extra calories.
How to make flaxseed tincture?
Seed infusion is even easier to prepare than brewing. You will need 2 tablespoons of seeds and 2 cups of boiling water:
- Pour the seeds into a thermos and fill it with water. Linen does not need pre-washing.
- Leave the thermos closed overnight.
In the morning, you can now drink half a cup of tincture half an hour before a meal. It is enough to drink 3-4 servings to enhance the effect of weight loss.
How to take flaxseed with kefir?
As part of kefir-based cocktails, flax seeds are used as a laxative. It helps to relax the intestines and release large layers of toxins.
To achieve a therapeutic effect, the cycle should be divided into 3 weeks:
- In the first week, ground flax seeds (1 dessert spoon) are added to 100 g of kefir. The cocktail is taken once a day before breakfast.
- In the second week, the volume of seeds is doubled - 2 dessert spoons of flax seed powder per 100 g of kefir. Shake and drink.
- On the third week, 3 dessert spoons of linseed powder are added to 150 g of kefir. Drink before breakfast.
In some cases, breakfast can be replaced with a kefir-flax mixture, but usually, if you are overweight, the work of the gastrointestinal tract is impaired and you should not deprive yourself of a full breakfast, as this will slow down your metabolism. It is optimal to drink a cocktail 15 minutes before the first meal.
A very important condition when using seeds and kefir is to drink enough liquid - from 2 liters per day, otherwise the release of toxins will not occur.
Kissel to satisfy hunger based on linseed
During weight loss, it is desirable not to experience hunger, but with a poor diet this is not always easy to achieve. In these cases, linseed is the perfect support. They are used as berry jelly:
- Prepare berry or fruit compote. Choose any components and combinations, but it is important not to add sugar to the composition, otherwise weight loss will slow down or stop completely, and flax seeds will not help as much as they could.
- Pour a tablespoon of ground seeds into a small portion of the compote (about a cup).
- Stir the mixture and cover to cool.
During this time, the flax meal will swell and you will get a kind of jelly that you can use as a snack until the next meal.
Flaxseed in smoothies for weight loss
Smoothies help to lose weight and fill the body with useful vitamins. But these popular drinks today have a significant drawback - they are absorbed quickly due to the destruction of fiber during processing, so saturation lasts only half an hour. This is not enough until the next meal, and as a result, the digestive processes are disturbed. Only flax seeds will help you avoid this.
Vitamins from a cocktail and fiber from seeds give an excellent combination: the body is loaded with the necessary substances, but the absorption process is slow, accordingly - blood sugar also rises slowly and you do not want to eat until the next meal.
Making a smoothie with seeds is very easy:
- A tablespoon of linseed powder is added to the finished drink.
- After 15 minutes you can drink - the flaxseed powder will swell and make the consistency of the smoothie even thicker.
It is not recommended to grind the seeds directly in the smoothie making process as they will not be crushed enough.
How to use flaxseed for salads?
Adding flaxseed to salads is good when there is no time to make jelly and smoothies. This is an easier way to consume without boiling and infusing, but this does not make it any less effective:
- Crushed seeds are added as part of a tablespoon as a seasoning. They will give the dish a nutty flavor and make it richer.
- The only rule is to add flaxseed powder only once a day so as not to exceed the norm.
- When losing weight, it is recommended to use green salads based on cucumbers, cabbage and parsley.
Flaxseed in dietary baking
If your diet includes relaxation and low-calorie baked goods are allowed on the menu, then flaxseed will be useful here. They can be used as a condiment or even as a complete ingredient.
Due to swelling, the linseed powder turns into a sticky mass that replaces the eggs in the dough. Therefore, if you are preparing dietary muffins, then according to the recipe, it is quite possible to replace the eggs with flaxseed powder.
The easiest cupcake recipe:
- Mix 200 g of cottage cheese with 50 g of linseed powder.
- Add half of the softened banana to the mixture.
- Knead a thick mass. If desired, you can add nuts.
- Pour into molds and bake for 20 minutes.
Bread for breakfast
Crunchy diet crispbreads with flax seeds can be used as a snack for tea.
- After making a flax seed infusion, you will see a sticky jelly or mush type. Ideally, the stickiness of the composition should become so thick that a spoon does not fall into such a jelly.
- Add a spoonful of chopped onions, grated carrots, garlic, pieces of mushrooms to the porridge. You can season with a little salt and add sunflower seeds.
- Mix the composition.
- Place the jelly on the silicon sheet, flattening the layer to a thickness of 0. 5 cm.
- Send to the oven on the lowest heat for 4 hours. You can use a dehydrator, in which case it will take 10 hours. But this is only for one side. Flip and keep the same.
Store ready loaves in paper bags.
Flax seeds will not replace physical activity or proper nutrition, but they will help to quickly deal with slags that interfere with digestion in the process of losing weight. Light dishes based on flax seeds are so filling that during the day you do not feel hungry at all, and this is a great advantage in the fight against extra pounds.